Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Moonbeam has a filly!


The morning after returning from the Buck clinic (May 2 nd), I went out to feed the pintos and I noticed a strange little horse. I wondered where it came from because it was not there the night before.  I then realized that beautiful Moonbeam had her baby, much to my surprise, as I wasn't expecting the foal until June or August. Moonbeam turned two May 6th, since  horses gestate for eleven months  she was just a year + when she conceived. Before we knew she was already pregnant,  we had all the stallions she lives with gelded. Suki is the dad and he had a good time just before he was fixed!  Although, a young mare she is a very good mother and we have increased her feed so she has plenty of milk.
Her filly's name is Ceilo Luna which means Heaven/sky moon. She is just a few hours old in these photos and  is my grandson's horse - he chose her name and is very excited and can't wait to meet her!
She is already nibbling on alfalfa hay; runs, hops, bucks and is a pure delight to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment