Monday, July 12, 2010

Little One Update


Little One is getting better every day. He is always happy when I go over to feed him and he follows me into the corral to eat his alfalfa squares and carrots. He is a small stallion compared to the other stallions in the herd and he is a really beautiful horse. I fall in love with him more and more every day. Since he is isolated and there is a corral where he is presently living, I plan to start working with him = touching him and getting a halter on him. It will take time as he is skittish but I look forward to it. I am reading books by the horse whisper Monty Roberts and watching some of his videos in hopes of learning how to work with him in a gentle manner.

One day much to my surprise, when I called him he came out of the woods and Thunder was with him! ( Thunder is the lead stallion who kicked him out of the herd). Thunder followed Little One into the corral and they ate standing side by side, as if they were best buddies. You just never know with these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment