Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Red Letter Day



Monday, the pintos came up for carrots and alpha squares. When I call "Thunder" they all galloped to the bench where I feed them. What a beautiful sight to see them all run. Still haven't been able to capture a great running photo yet. Suki, the colt who is now now 5 months old, is a fast and graceful runner.
What made it a very special day is that all of the pintos, except for Thunder, let me stroke their backs. Even Sweetie, who is always skitterish and shutters when touched, but this time he held still a few seconds longer. I was delighted and blown away. We will see if I am able to stroke them again at their next visit. Even so, I am amazed at how they are progressing with human contact.
THE PINTOS AND I WISH YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment